Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Twitter Applications I Really Do Use Every Day #1

As I was planning this post, it occurred to me that most people will look at all these applications and think, "That's way more than I can handle!" or "There's no way someone would do all that!"
Guess what friends, I will eventually show you how to manage it all without going bonkers.

First thing's first: What the heck is Twitter?
You hear about it all the time. You may know a few people who post everything they do (at least a few facebook friends, no?). I wouldn't doubt it if you even started a Twitter account, posted something like, "figuring out Twitter" and left it at that. That's actually how I started. In fact, I think that was my first post! 1,179 "tweets" later, I think I've finally figured it out. Now it's time to share.

So the #1 application I use every day? Twitter itself of course!

Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that enables its users to send and read messages known as tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters displayed on the author's profile page and delivered to the author's subscribers who are known as followers.

If you are serious about your business in the year 2009 and beyond, you have to learn how to twitter. Why? Because it’s one of the fastest growing sites in the world and people like to hang out there. Learning how to twitter is not as difficult as some new online marketers may think.

-Twitter is growing at a staggering pace and some experts say that they will hit 50 million users soon. That means that you have direct access to tens of millions of people. That is a dream scenario for any business owner.

Let me share with you a few Twitter accounts that I oversee:
@vacationtax - My own account that I update several times a day.
@Jeff_Wagner - This is a non VacationTax.com account that I use to update facebook.
@VTaxShare - This one's fun: Send a direct message, and it immediately re-posts for all.
@vtaxsendscards - This ones a long term project. A blatant commercial project : )

I have created over 10 separate Twitter accounts (& counting). I don't reveal all of them because they're for business owners who may not want to share that they let me build & maintain their account. That's what I'm offering to other businesses (no matter the field). Check out my Tweet Your Business page to learn more about how I build and automate these accounts.

Over the next few days, I'll post about other applications I use to maintain so many accounts. If you want to learn more, keep checking back!

Thank you,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment