Thursday, September 3, 2009

Twitter Applications I Really Do Use Every Day #2

As I was planning this series of posts, it occurred to me that most people will look at all these applications and think, "That's way more than I can handle!" or "There's no way someone would do all that!"Guess what friends, I will eventually show you how to manage it all without going bonkers.

The second application I use is called TwitBacks.


Before I get into TwitBacks, let me go through a little step by step about setting up a powerful profile:
  • When you click Join on the Twitter home screen, you're asked to choose a username. Here's a great opportunity to showcase your business or yourself, depending on the purpose of the account. You my want to create 2 accounts right here to lock anyone else out of using a name that's important to you. My 2 primary accounts are @vacationtax (business) & @jeff_wagner (personal).

  • Upon creation of your Twitter account, the first thing you should do is turn off notifications (by clicking settings, then notices). Otherwise, you'll get an email every time someone follows you. I get plenty of emails, so I encourage turning that off right away.

  • Next you should consider a catchy, yet informative bio. Here you get a chance to grab attention. I've seen some funny ones, "Real Estate know-it-all" "Defender of good. Enemy of evil" Collaborate with a friend (especially if it's someone who always says funny stuff)!

  • Now, you're ready to upload a photo! It's easier than you think. You should already be on settings if you've made it this far. Click picture, then browse. Go through your computer's pics until you find one of yourself having fun! Family photos are great too.

  • The next tab, Designs, gives you the option of several Twitter presets. Wouldn't it be more fun & interesting to personalize this? You can upload any logo or photo if you like, but I prefer to use TwitBacks.

TwitBacks helps you create a custom Twitter background with almost any info you like - for free. (Eventually you'll notice that all these applications I use are free) To find Twitbacks, go to http://www.twitbacks.com/. Right in the middle of the page, they tell you to create your Twitter Background, so click there & follow their step by step instructions. You'll be able to enter a company and/or personal bio, photo, logo, contact info & more. Just follow the instructions as you go down the page, and you'll be done in no time.

At the end of the step-by-step TwitBacks process, they ask you if you want them to post it as your profile's background. Of course the answer is yes! That's why you did all that. If you go back to your profile & click refresh, your new TwitBacks background will magically be there waiting for you. Curious what one looks like? Check out my profile @vacationtax. 90% of my posts are personal, but having a TwitBacks background always keeps my business info up there should someone visit. Kind of allows me to advertise with out bombarding people with ads!

If you have questions about how I use this application or others, visit my "Tweet Your Business" page.

Thanks,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment