Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Why Social Media?

In building VacationTax.com, I decided to enter the world of social media as a means to spread the word. I created accounts on Facebook & LinkedIn but held off on Twitter because I didn't really understand it or how it would work for business.

My little facebook account I started to share my business quickly grew to over 200 friends, & I wound up reconnecting with current as well as long lost friends & family. When I set up the VacationTax.com fan page, I knew there was huge potential. The fan base is still small but not bad for a brand new company.

A friend invited me to join Twitter, so I finally signed up & studied just about every course & application I could find to see what would work best. Before I knew it, I accumulated over 3,000 followers & counting.

I didn't consider myself a social media expert until I started helping friends do what I did. I realized that if I was setting up websites, facebook pages & twitter accounts, people must have been looking at me as an expert. That's what inspired my decision to share this knowledge with everyone.

More options will follow, but as of right now, I'm looking for new, established & potential business owners who are looking for some help with social media. My test group is almost complete, but I will share as much free information as I can before I'm going to have to start charging. I'm also working on an e-book that will sum up what I've learned so far.

Please subscribe to this blog, follow me on Twitter & become a fan of VacationTax.com on facebook.
Take care!
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment